Visiting Places

Nrusinghnath
 
Nrusinghnath is situated at a distance of 04 Kms from the Vidyalaya. Being a lone pilgrim spot, it has been appealing the minds of lakhs of people, with magical glitters, for the last so many centuries. This is the Dawning – place of the mention Lard Nrushinghnath, the presiding Deity of the sacred mount GANDHAMARDAN – endearing multitude of memories, surprisingly amalgamating the legends of the Ramayan, the Mahabharat, the Budhist Era; even reminiscent of Bhoj Raj, Santh Kabir and Tantracharya Nagarjuna (the preserver of all scripture)
 
Gandhamardan

 In the Tretaya Yug (the Silver Age), Jambavan (the unerring counselor of Ram) had suggested Vir Hanuman to bring Bisalyakarani ere dawn, so that Laxman would rise back to life. It was in the middle of the war between Lord Ram and Ravan. Hanuman failed to identify the particular herb and carried on his shoulders a huge Himalayan mass. While flying above and proceeding toward Lanka (the kingdom of Ravan), a portion dropped down. Gandhamardan is synonymous to that portion only.

Ecological Pyramid

Besides being a home of more than 5000 rare medicinal herbs (some hitherto - unidentified), providing medicines for fatal diseases like cancer, tuberculosis, leprosy, filarial, epilepsy, asthma, kidney and lever dysfunctions even AIDS, Gandhamardan serves as a wild life sanctuary for large number of rare species of birds and animals and there by donating its portions towards balancing the Global Ecological Pyramid.

The Temple

The foundation for the temple was laid down by Baijal Dev on March 17 1413 A.D. as per inscriptions. The temple of Lord Nrushinghnath is only 45 ft high. It is divided into two parts; the first being the seat of the Lord – a short raised narrow plinth and the other Jaga Mohan (the anti-chamber) having three gates and is supported by four pillars, the like found nowhere in Orissa. The rocks used in the Jaga Mohan pillars are of rare kind. They are not seen in the Gandhamardan hills. Believed that, from far off places, Baijal Dev had brought them. With a soft rubbing, these rocks begin to scintillate, to a degree. While entering inside the inner-sanctum, one can see the rock stautes of Nav Grahas (the Nine planets of Astrology) in a line. The other beautiful sculptures include the statutes of Ganga, Jamuna, Nandi, Jaya-Vijaya, Trividram and three conspicuous manifestations i.e. Bamana, Baraha and Samhar Nrusimha. The eight-handed Ganesh and the Cow-herd Sahadev are not inserted, rather they are carved on embedded prototype, near Nav Durga. The original idol of Nrusinganath is also kept.

Papaharini

The main perennial flow of Gandhamardan is PAPAHARINI, literally meaning, The Destroyer of Sins. It is symbolic of Sanatan-the continuum of past, present and future. Flowing out of the confluence of seven fountains, called SAPTADHAR – it has an average width of 12 ft. No man made tributary can flow into it. Nothing can pollute or adulterate it. Running about 25 Kms. it has touched the Ang Tributary and finally embraced Mahanadi.

The mighty Mandap

Via Satyaam, as one goes from Nrusimhanath to Harishankar an old-patterned cave is caught in sight. It is just 10.5 Kms away from the main temple, having dimensions of 150 ft. length, 50 ft. breadth and 25 ft. depth. This mighty structure resembles like that of a typical Buddhist cave and prompts us recall the description of a Buddha Vihar by Hiuen T’Sang.  

Asta-Sambhu

In the district of Bargarh a large of Siva Temple were built during the Chauhan rule of undivided Sambalpur. The most important among them were those of the Asta-Sambhu or 8 Siva Temples such as (1) Bimaleswar Temple at Huma (Sambalpur), (2) Kedarnath Temple at Ambabhona (Bargarh), (3) Baidyanath Temple at Deogaon (Bargarh), (4) Balunkeswar Temple at Gaisama (Bargarh), (5) Mandhata Baba Temple at Maneswar (Sambalpur), (6) Swapneswar Temple at Sorna (Bargarh), (7) Visweswar Temple at Soranda (Bargarh) and (8) Nilakantheswar Temple at Nilji (Bargarh). The Bimaleswar Temple at Huma on the Mahanadi was built by Maharaja Baliar Singh and the rest were built during the the reign of Ajit Singh and his son Abhaya Singh.
These temple, though small height, are great artistic beauty and each of these with picturesque background.

Wild life Sanctuary Debrigarh  

A peak in the Barapahar hills in Bargarh sub-division having a height of 2267 feet. It was a noted rebel stronghold during the revolt of Balabhadra Deo, the Gond Zamindar of Lakhanpur, who was killed here. Mahapatra Ray and Baldia Ray also sought shelter here during 1840 AD after murdering Baluki Dash, the Maufidar of Bargarh. Veer Surendra Sai the freedom fighter was captured here in 1864 by British solders. There is a wild life sanctuary here. Except for elephants, wild buffaloes and blank Bucks most of the other important animals in the State of Orissa are more or less represented here.     

OTHER PLACES OF INTEREST

Ambabhona

The village is situated in the north-west of Bargarh , 40 Kms north of Bargarh. This village was a fortified place in the days of the Chauhan Rajas of Sambalpur  and the remains of the old forte are still in existence. There is an old stone temple dedicated to "Kedarnath Siva". It is one of the 8 Siva temples (Astha Sambhu) constructed by Dakshin Rai, the Dewan of Raja Ajit Singh of Sambalpur. The Kedarnath temple is located in side a tank with beautiful forest back ground and it reveals high standard of Chauhan architecture.   
Attabira  
The village is situated on the N.H.6, 19 Km north of Bargarh on the bank of Jhaun river. Attabira is the notable rice producing centre. The Hirakud Irrigation Project has  led to double and sometimes trible cropping and has considerably improved the material condition of the agricultural community of the area.   
Barpali  
The Barpali town is located 25 Kms south of Bargarh on the National Highway No.201 running from Bargarh to Bariguma via Balangir. The Barpali town is the birth place of famous poet Gangadhar Meher. The premier college in Sambalpur town has been named after him. The town is inhabited largely by weavers and gold and silver smiths. It is noted for textile and bell metal industries.   
Bhatli  
A village in Bargarh sub-division, 19 Kms north of Bargarh on the Bargarh-Ambabhona road. There is a beautiful modern temple dedicated to Dadhi Vamana Vishnu. Inside the temple there are beautiful wall Paintings depicting Puranic stories.   
Bheran (Bheden)  
A village situated 29 Kms. to the east of Bargarh close to the confluence of the Danta and the Jira rivers. The village is surrounded on three side by these two rivers. The village is also known as Bisaikela and its notable for textile industry. The weavers excel in tie and dye work.   
Bijepur  
A village in Padampur sub-division, 26 Km south-east of Bargarh. It was the headquaters of an ex-Zamindari known as Uttal-Baisi. The village is inhabited mainly by cultivators and weavers. It is notable for napkins and bed-sheets manufactured by local weavers.   
Diptipur  
A village in Padampur sub-division 13 Kms to the east of Padampur on the Sohella-Padampur road. It is noted for the Missionary activities of the Utkal Christian Council which started work here in 1956. The activities of the Mission is divided in to 3 wings -Health, Education and Agriculture. A dispensary was started in the year 1957 which became a hospital in 1958.  
Gaisama  
A village 13 Km. south-east of Bargarh. Picturesquely situated on the bank of Jira river, it is noted for the temple of Balunkeswar Siva who is regarded as one of the eight Sambhus (Astha Sambhu) in Bargarh and Sambalpur district.  
Melchhamunda  
A village in Padampur sub-division situated 37 Kms. from Padampur. Sone Budhist relics have been found at Ganiapali 10 Kms. from here. the place is identified with ancient Muchalinda, which is said to be a centre of Budhist learning.  

Panimura

A village 40 Kms from Bargarh, was the hub various activities during the freedom movement. The entire village was committed to Khadi and freedom movement of Gandhiji. It is really surprising that people of this village still cut thread and wear khadi. The villagers boast of believing and preaching "Ahimsa" and "Satya" and assemble every evening to chant patriotic songs hymns of Bapu. (Collected from JAB)

Sohela  
A village in Padampur sub-division situated 26 Kms. west of Bargarh. A good deal of trade in foodgrain is carried on here. On the west bordering Chhatisgarh, it serves as the gateway of the district.

Devdarha

Devdarha is 91 km from Bargarh. It is a beautiful picnic spot and religious centre. There is a beautiful gorge on the river Surangi. The Dhabaleswar Siva Temple near is an added attraction for the tourist.

Ganiapali

Ganiapali is 73 km from Bargarh. It is popular for Baudhavihar. Two Buddhist images have been discovered here.

Papanga

Papanga is a hill top. It has some historical as well as mythological importance. There is a valley at a height of 400 feet surrounded by seven hills which seen to be seven sister those are sitting together in the hill top. Ramachandra Yogashram is best attraction of this hill top.

Chikhili

Chikhili is 50 km from Bargarh is famous for scenic spot.

 

 

   

Home | Citizen Charter | Infrastructure | Committees | Grievance cell | Achievements | Admission | Result | Daily Routine | Time Table | Migration | Stream | Computer Education | Annual Calendar

Photogallery | Staff Position | Student Strength | Activities | Visiting Places | Historical Background | Geographical Condition | Mess Managemant | Route Map | Contact Us